Thursday, December 6, 2012

Quick Chicken and Rice, Potatoes, And Christmas tree

A couple days ago I made the updated version of my quick chicken and rice from the poverty cookbook part 2. it was so yummy! It's basically the easiest comfort food ever if you use a can of chunk chicken.


I spread it out to that it would cool faster. And of course I had to have the shredded cheddar cheese.

Yesterday I made mashed potatoes and chicken chunk gravy. 


Here are my potatoes. My husband and I both love the potato skins, and their really good for you too, just make sure you wash them.



Heres my gravy and seasonings. The seasonings are already in the pan but I wanted to show you them. Onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, curry powder, cayenne, and a chicken ramon seasoning packet. I also added a can of chunk chicken but that was after the picture.

(please excuse the dirty bottles, I never really looked at them before)

This ended up really good, as usual. Both of these meals were comfort food, which is really what I love to cook.

And for my christmas tree:


I've had the angel on top for as long as I can remember. Same with the pink trim. My husband and I bought the tree and ornaments last year, and I bought the gold trim this year. This lights I also had for years before hand.

My mom would let each of us kids decorate a section of the tree with our own decorations when we were kids, but most of my ornaments were either broken over the years of use or just didn't go with anything (like my Precious Moments ornaments).

No comments:

Post a Comment