Sunday, December 9, 2012

Open Faced Chicken Cordon Bleu

I got the idea a few days ago when I saw my Kroger had chicken breasts on sale. I was trying to think of something different to make and the idea came to me.


I started where I always start with chicken breasts... A knife. I like to use a knife with ridges.


Lay down plastic and set the chicken on one half. Then make a cut about half way down in the center.


Fold the plastic over the meat to make a plastic and meat sandwich. Pound the meat to about an even 1/2 inch thickness.


I mixed the coating and patted it on both sides. Then placed the chicken on a foil lined cookie sheet.


I spread the ham over the top.


Then covered it with pasta sauce and topped that with cheese.


And heres why the foil. The sauce and cheese don't always stay in place, but they will leave a nasty mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment