Friday, March 22, 2013

My OOPS Southern/Asian Dish

I love Asian food. I would eat Asian food every meal of every day of the rest of my life. (American Asian like you get at Panda Express and Hu Hot)

So I've been trying to make more Asian dishes at home. I'm pretty good at chicken dishes but I've never tried beef. So I got some beef, cut it into strips and continued to make it just how I would have chicken. Cut meat, cut vegetables, brown meat, saute vegetables, add seasoning and stock, mix vinegar and cornstarch and add to thicken, serve over rice or noodles. Only I guess you don't use beef stock in Asian dishes because it's just too beefy. It ended up just tasting like beef gravy. Sure it would have been great over mashed potatoes but it was supposed to be Asian. I don't know where all the Asian seasonings I added went, but it was good. Disappointing, but good.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for a way to contact you. I am a case manager for previously homeless, disabled individuals who are on a housing program. Many of my clients have been chronically homeless in the past or homeless for over 5 years. One thing that I've seen a lot of my clients struggle with is meal planning and trying to make the little money they receive through SSDI, SNAP or by working provide them with enough food. Many of my clients end up at food banks at least once a month, and are reaching out for other resources as well once assistance has been exhausted. Would you be interested in donated a copy of your book to our program for clients to "check-out"? I think it would be a good resource and the format seems fairly straight forward. Please contact me at emmabamba01@gmail.com if interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete