Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dinner At Moms House

So for dinner yesterday my mom made tuna casserole. I didn't think to take a picture but the funny thing about it is that she realized that she was out of egg noodles. Being that it's 8 miles to civilization obviously we had to think of something. So my first thought was use rice because I do that often just because I like it better than noodles sometimes. But mom had a different idea. She got a couple boxes of hamburger helper and took the noodles from them deciding that when the time came she would replace them with egg noodles.

On the subject of dinner with mom I never got around to posting about last week so here it is.

We decided on spaghetti and garlic bread. So mom thought she'd try making the french bread from scratch.


The only picture I thought to take was after we had cut the first loaf. Thats the two ends set together next to the other untouched loaf. They sit in a 13X9 here.


Here is the bread out of the oven. Mom sliced it, buttered it, then sprinkled it with garlic powder and salt.


For the spaghetti mom heated the canned venison then added the sauce. Then she broke the noodles in 4 and cooked them in the sauce.

I've heard of doing that but I've always been to worried that the noodles wouldn't cook right. But they came out great!


And here is the finished plate. Mom also heated some canned corn and made jello salad. Note the christmas table cloth. Mom is always festive with those.




No comments:

Post a Comment