Friday, November 30, 2012

Measurement converting

So I using the trusted old google search to confirm the measurement conversions I know, just to make sure, because I was going to add a conversion table to my cookbooks and I found this site.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/convert/

I've been on cooks.com before when I've googled for recipes of things I've never made before such as stuffed peppers or muffins just to make the first time to get the feel of what the ratios or cooking times should be instead of attempting to go into the kitchen blindfolded.

To be honest I didn't read all of it, I mostly just skimmed it and realized that there was so much more information on the page then I'd hoped for. There's instructions for measuring different textures for exact results and information like that.

At the top it a simple calculator, you tell it how much (1/4, 1/2, 3/4) of what (cup, teaspoon, tablespoon, gallons) and it goes to town telling you all the calculations for that measurement.

I'll still be adding a quick conversion chart in my cookbooks because I for one half a lot of baking recipes because I just don't need 3 dozen cookies, or a 13X9 cake. But there's always those tricky ones like 1/3 cup, 2/3 cup, and 3/4 cup.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with cooks.com. I honestly just did a google search and found something helpful that I thought I'd share with you fine people.

No comments:

Post a Comment