Thursday, September 6, 2012

Case Lot Sale and More

Yesterday my Kroger store started their case lot sale. It usually lasts a few weeks so I didn't rush out to go on the first day. Usually they have the same basic things so I knew already what I wanted to buy.


On the bottom left is a case of 24 small cans of tomato sauce for $4.80.
On top of that is a case of 24 cans mandarin oranges for $14.16.
Bottom middle is 24 cans of diced tomatoes for $12.00.
On top of that is 24 cans of fruit cocktail for $18.96.
Bottom right is 24 cans of black beans for $13.68.
And on top of that is 24 cans of peaches for $18.96.

Ordinarily I get pears instead of the other two fruits but I still have quite a few left from last case lot sale where I got two cases of pears and the case of oranges, which I'm a few cans from out of.
I also would have got a few cases of cup-o-noodles but all they had was shrimp flavored left. 

While I was out I went to walmart and got a few essentials, as well as a few extras from Kroger.


5.5 LB slab of ground beef that I will be portioning out in 1/2 LB amounts and freezing.
Huge bag of cheddar cheese.
18 ct eggs.
24 cans of chicken.
Case of mountain dew, don't judge it's for my hubby.
At Kroger I got a large bag of mozzerella cheese.
A container of sour cream.
And a case each of regular cola and vanilla cola, store brand.

This, plus what I already have in my stock, will last me a LONG time. The parishables of course will last less time, but the cases of food will last and last. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome bargain shopping! Don't know if you know this or not, but Walmart AND Kroger mark down their fresh meat every morning. Like today is the 9/24, so this morning they would have marked down anything that is set to expire tomorrow, 9/25. I have found the best day and time is Saturday morning around 8am. Yeah it sucks getting up so early on a Saturday, but I have lucked out with either large packages of something or several smaller packages. And yes, my freezer is full of meat all the time. I'm a big fan of using the crockpot. When you don't have time to thaw out whatever meat you're using, if you put something in the crockpot on low, it basically has a chance to that before it cooks anyway. Then you don't run into the issue with meat being tough or rubbery like some people have mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, i havent had time to blog lately so i just read this. I didnt know that actually. Thank you so much for telling me! :)

    ReplyDelete