Monday, August 27, 2012

Mountain Dew Wake Up Call

So the other day I felt lazy and didn't make tea with dinner so my husband and I just had a can of Mountain Dew each. After dinner I told my husband that I wanted something sweet and he replied that Mountain Dew is sugary enough. So we looked at the back of the can and saw that it was 46 grams. But what does that really mean? So we got out the digital scale and switched it to grams and placed a small glass bowl on it and zeroed it out. Then I started scooping sugar in until we got 46 grams. We were both surprised when it ended up being about 1/4-1/3 cup.



So of course I had to take a picture and post it on my facebook for my family to see. After that I looked at the carton of ice cream we had in the freezer and seen that it was 18 grams of sugar for a 1/2 cup serving. You could litterally have 2 and a half servings of ice cream for the same ammount of sugar as one can of Mountain Dew.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the dew and will drink it from time to time when I'm too lazy to make anything else to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment