Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Instant Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Chunk Gravy, and Homemade Creamed Corn

My husband has a tooth cavity that the dentist just checked out today and it's really tender now so I decided to make food that would be easy to eat without a lot of chewing.

We don't have any real potatoes on hand so I used instant potatoes from Walmart but I made them a little thick so that the gravy doesn't mix together with it completely.

The gravy is scratch gravy featured in my first cookbook with the ramon noodle chicken seasoning packet.

Last, the creamed corn. I'm experimenting with ingredients right now but look forward to the recipe in my next cookbook that will be out hopefully by the end of september/beginning of october.


Excuse the somewhat dirty stovetop, I picked a somewhat small pan for my gravy.

This meal is a perfect example that not all meals have to have a lot of color. It's nice of course, but not essential to a great tasting dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment